German (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shard).
English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shard)
A skyscraper opened in 2013. It is the tallest building in europe at the moment. It offers a great view over London from the observation decks at the 69th and 72nd floor.
I bought the tickets in advance at www.visitbritain.com to save some money and not to be forced to queue up to buy ma ticket like I had to do it in japan this may.
Look how high it is.
No, cabs aren´t just black anymore.
We took a selfie at the first plattform- can you find tower bridge?
A WW II warship, the HMS Belfast. It is also open for visits but I had no time for it.
It was really british weather so it started to rain when I entered the building. The result was a rainbow maybe the pot of gold was at its end.
The tower of London with the fortification walls.
The red inside the moat are 100.000s of red flowers. Each one symbolizes a killed britisch soldier during WWI.
It is an art installation to remind of the centenary of the beginning of WWI in 1914. Later I saw an advertisement in a tube station that these flowers are for sale and the total revenue will be given to foundation for wounded soldiers.
St. Paul´s Cathedral (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Paul%E2%80%99s_Cathedral)
A high rise building with wind turbines. I like the fact that it is not an office building it contains flats and some of them are comparable affordable.
English only (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strata_SE1).
The river Thames and a lot of bridges to cross it. The river seems to be really dirty but I was told it is really high quality.
London Eye which should only be there for about five years but due to the high demand it is still there.
German ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Eye )
English ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Eye )
with the Palace of Westminster (also known as Houses of Parliament ) and the Elizabeth Tower (former Clock tower renamed at the diamond jubilee in 2012. Often called Big Ben but this is just the nickname of the big bell inside the tower).
German (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Westminster#T.C3.BCrme )
English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Westminster)
Yes we love selfies ;)
The floor guide.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen