Samstag, 28. Februar 2015
lver: Chocolate museum
At friday it was rainy and windy so no good day for sightseein.
I found a leaflet at the hotel about a chocolate museum which wasn´t expensive.
So we decided to start the sightseeing there.
I have been to the chocolate museum in Cologne but it was a lot of advertisement for Lindt.
Entering the museum I was welcomed by a lot of tools around chocolate.
They had many old figurines like this women with a bowl (and four nose rings)
Chocolate cups and containers.
All informations were in three languages: French, english and spanish
This is an old recipe with all the ingredients also shown down under the table.
Cocoa beans as currency. I think this is a good comparison to show it this way.
Really beautiful birds.
Little dioramas for the children to make it interesting for them.
A cocoa flower
Three different kinds of cocoa.
The inner life
Oh yes that is true
The biggest chocolate bar ever
Tools for crushing the beans
Another recipe from former times.
Pepper in the chocolate, not a modern idea more a really old one.
Chocolate and cocoa was first sold only in pharmacies. These are all tols to make medicine from cocoa.
First sugar was brought from South America to Europe. It was molded into sugar loafs. These axes were used to cut them.
How rock candy is made.
A selection of cocoa cups. They are all really valuable but this was cocoa too.
Cups 2000 years old.
Half dolls. Used to decorate potwarmers or tins.
What a great work.
Potwarmers shaped like dolls and sweetcans.
Molds for making chocolate figures. About 150 years old.
The latest molds are made from plastic.
Tins for sweets decorated with hand painted glass pictures.
This shows how pricy chocolate, pralines and sweets were.
All from the 19 th century.
These are younger and made from paper or metal.
Also really great designs.
Tins for sweets.
Children were motivated to spend their money for chocolate by adding little collectibles like pictures to them. These are all albums telling stories or giving informations about the world.
A littler bin shaped like a cocoa bean.
I only know this for chesse but not for chocolate.
A miniature toilet. Build for children. Really great because in the front of the toilets so both parents can help their child to go there.
This was the chocolate museu.
I spend 8 Euro for entry.
I learned a lot. It was all arranged with a lot of love and care.
Many old pieces were shown.
I liked the varience of old recipes and stories.
I didn´t visit the part were chocolate was produced with the visitors but that was not so important.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

































Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen